The following are minutes from the general project meeting on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
All documents for The WordPress Governance Project can be accessed on the project’s Google Drive.
Props: Rachel Cherry and Pat Lockley
- Open call for leadership
- Project leadership structure
- Project timeline
- Scheduling project meetings
- Open floor
- Rachel Cherry discussed the #internal-gov first meeting (Friday 18th) and shared the decided provisional group leadership structure.
- Morten proposed a timeline for working groups to elect facilitators and secretaries by the next general meeting.
- The group discussed the merits of using emojis as an initial voting system. Decided it was fine but a mechanism would be needed for larger policy decisions and this was an issue for #internal-gov to solve.
- Discussed project timeline. The goal is have something to present at WordCamp Europe (June 20-22).
- Se Reed raised the possibility we need to know the form the presentation will take before working groups can create a timeline.
- Decided to create Presentation Working Group whose job it would be to manage the final proposed project document.
- Decided each working group would sort out their own meeting time(s).
- Pat Lockley proposed an outreach group to identify stake holders and under-represented groups.
- Group briefly discussed a possible logo for the project.
- Each working group needs to elect facilitators and secretaries.