The following are minutes from the general project meeting on Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
All documents for The WordPress Governance Project can be accessed on the project’s Google Drive.
Props: Pat Lockley and Morten Rand-Hendriksen
- Comments on minutes from last meeting (if any)
- Appointment of meeting lead + secretary
- Update on action items from last meeting
- WCEU and publication strategy
- Open floor
- Review of minutes from previous meeting. No issues.
- Morten chaired, Pat took minutes.
- Updates from last meeting:
- Morten invited people to join the Trello board.
- Blog post about Team Drive action put back a week due to time commitments.
- Morten thanked Cathi for her work with others on the stakeholder document.
- Pat brought up the form doc being migrated and whether the related blog post needed changing, but it seems “ok”.
- Point 4 – WCEU and publication strategy
- Morten confirmed Alex noting the Governance Project does not have a slot on the WCEU schedule.
- Morten confirmed it was never an official goal to announce at an event (and subsequent discussion has occurred in #general and #group-communication).
- Discussion occurred on how to best release and distribute the data.
- Discussion to continue at next general meeting.
- Morten moved to open floor
- Remkus suggested he may be able to do stuff at WCEU – contributor day was mentioned. Remkus will check.
- Pat raised issues over raising agenda items and suggested tweets (as discussed previously) as possible slack channels. Morten created two new channels: #suggested-agenda and #suggested-tweets.
- Discussion over an outreach team
- Discussion over meeting time changes. European members want the meeting moved to one hour earlier. Discussion around the meeting time being North America / Western Europe friendly possibly excluding contributors from other regions.
- Add discussion of publication strategy surrounding WCEU on the agenda for next meeting.
- Remkus to explore options for WCEU.
- Add discussion of meeting times to agenda for next meeting.