The following are minutes from the general project meeting on Tuesday, March 05, 2019.
All documents for The WordPress Governance Project can be accessed on the project’s Google Drive.
Props: Pat Lockley and Morten Rand-Hendriksen
- Minutes from last meeting
- Meeting facilitator and secretary
- Personas document
- Form for researching governance models
- Recruitment to do research (who takes what model, etc)
- 5.0 release retrospective
- Open floor
- Review of Identifying the Stakeholders of WordPress document rollout.
- The document has been picked up by some WordPress people and Post Status sparking discussion.
- The group discussed adding further personas to the document. Hosting Companies and Publishers were among the suggested items. Discussion continues #group-communication.
- Pat Lockley has finalized the research form for investigating governance models. This form will be used to gather consistent data about relevant governance models.
- Review of the Relevant Governance Models spreadsheet
- The above mentioned form should be used to gather data about each of the models featured in this sheet.
- Some discussion of how best to do the work, and avoid burn out and so on. Proposal: Each team member takes on one (1) model.
- Further recruitment is necessary to complete this work.
- A blog post will be written for recruitment purposes.
- Non-software models are welcome to be added to the sheet
- Justin M suggested doing video interviews with people who work on governance projects. Morten suggested this as part of phase 2.
- A timeline was proposed:
- Get all models in spreadsheet claimed by next Tuesday (March 12)
- Finish filling out the form for each model by the following Tuesday (March 19)
- Discussion about marking models for “need more time” and “not sufficient info”
- Discussion of post-research triage for further deep-dives.
- Morten suggested everyone take part in the WordPress 5.0 Release Retrospective.
- Pat L suggested a twitter account
- Alex S suggested capping meeting agenda items to allow time for discussion. Morten agreed to limiting, if it was possible
- Raffaella and Morten discussed the purpose and goal of the communication document, agreed it was
- Morten said that it was a backbone and research would help to create content for it
- Morten closed the meeting
- Justin M to create publishers personas.
- Everyone share Identifying the Stakeholders of WordPress document and ask for feedback.
- Everyone claim a research model by next week (March 12) and fill out the form by the week thereafter (March 19).
- Morten to write blog post as outreach to the wider WordPress and Open Source community to get input, reviewers, and other interested parties involved in governance model research.
- Morten to look into getting a twitter account. Name suggestions welcome.